Join us for this year's Halloween Contest, Spookality! Last year's was a blast, with hundreds of participants, dozens of avatars and some of the most frightening experiences in VR.
- Worlds & Avatars must be compliant with VRChat's Community Guidelines.
- Entries must be original and not violate any third-party rights, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the Entry.
- No purchase necessary.
- Contest will run from September 21st, 2018 to October 24th, 2018.
- Entrants must have a valid VRChat account to enter, and cannot be currently banned from the app.
- The contest is open to all worldwide.
- Rooms should be built to accommodate up to creator's set user cap in the room without drops in performance.
- No prize substitutions allowed.
- All prizes will be sent via Threadless' shipping carriers.
- World and avatar submission will be accepted starting October 22nd through October 24th at 11:59 PST. Links to the submission forms will be added to this page during the submission time period. You must include a valid world ID and/or avatar ID.
While these will have no effect on judging, it might be useful to follow a few of these guidelines to promote your world as a popular place to hang out before and after Halloween is over.
- Put a safe place in your world, where visitors can hang out and chat together knowing nothing is going to spook them.
- Have signs at the entrance to your world alerting people if there will be jump scares.
- Promote yourself! If you have a website where people can find out more about your work, let people know at the entrance to your world.
- Let us know when submitting a world if it's better experienced solo or in a group (small/large).
- Potential updates to the SDK could break content. Please keep this in mind and always make sure you have the updated SDK as well as the latest Unity version installed.
At the end of the day ...
Halloween is all about having fun. Please enjoy yourself and have a happy VRChat Spookality! Good luck to all those that enter! Remember when wearing your headset, you can't see the monster behind you.